Tuesday, November 06, 2007

When I Grow Up To Be A Man

I've been listening to a recent purchase of a Beach Boys CD, a greatest hits kind of recording. One of the songs is titled, "When I Grow Up To Be A Man." It is a song in which the singer ponders the future and asks many questions about how he will deal with life. It was obviously intended to give the listener - mostly teenagers back in the 60's - some things to think about. Since I've already grown up to be a man, I've been listening to this song in terms of our oldest son, who is now six.

I know a great deal awaits us, and many surprises to be sure, but it's still a great source of contemplation. I hope he grows up to be a man, and one who is content in his lot in life, and can live it to the fullest unto the Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home